Saturday, November 30, 2013

Pumpkin Prep and Halloween Night

Pumpkin Carving

Choosing just the right pumpkins is a big Halloween event at our house, but carving them may be even bigger. Should my pumpkin be scary or happy? How many teeth should it have? These are very important decisions, you know, and all part of the fun!
Ainsley & Kitty, pre-carving
Getting ready to make the first cut
Showing Daddy where to put the eye
The Headless....Daddy?!
Blowing Halloween bubbles

Halloween Night

Halloween was pretty rainy and cold, but that wasn't going to stop us. Armed with our umbrella, Ainsley and I braved the elements to celebrate the spookiest night of the year, while Daddy stayed at the house to hand out candy. 

Not every house on our street had a light on, so when we spotted one, I said, "There's a porch light!" To which Ainsley responded, "Then that's where were headed!" Whenever I asked if she was ready to head home, Ainsley said, "No, let's keep going." I helped carry her candy bucket because it was getting pretty heavy! We were out for about an hour and fifteen minutes before she was finally ready to call it quits. Happy Halloween!


Our little Rapunzel, all bundled up!
She just loved that long hair
Here we go!

Poor Ainsley's feet were soaked -
I didn't realize...I felt horrible!
Checking out her loot - what a haul!

No comments:

Post a Comment